The following is transcribed from journal entries written on the trail.
· 223 miles
· 46,000 ft. vertical ascent
· 38,000 ft. vertical descent
· 14 days
· 57 pound pack
· 1-man tent, air pad, down sleeping bag, raincoat, rain pants, 2-pair ex-officio underwear (best purchase ever), 1-pair long underwear, 1-medium long underwear shirt, 1 fleece, 2 pair liner socks, 2 pair socks, 1 short, 1 pant, 1 short sleeve hiking shirt, 1 long sleeve, Full brim hat, glasses, frying pan, stove, 20 oz. fuel bottle, camp soap, sponge, water filter, first aid kit, shovel, t.p., fly rod, fly reel, fly box, camp towel, sun block, bug spray, lip balm, anti-chafe, knife compass, spot device, 2 disposable cameras, 3-pound damn bear canister, 1 sketchbook, 2 pencil, 1 mini water color set, head lamp, storm proof matches, 2 nalgenes, route description.
· 9 Cliff Bar, 9 Power bar, 9 nature valley, 9 kashi bar, 9 snickers, 3 pounds Joe’s homemade delicious jerky, 7 Propack dinners, 2 sets Ramen noodles, 9 freeze-dried apples, 3 ziplock, 1 bag Jolly Rancher, hope for fish
· x2 (food cache with above mentioned items awaiting at Muir Trail Ranch)